Duff Montgomerie was appointed Deputy Minister of the Department of Labour and Advanced Education in April 2014.
Duff was Deputy Minister of the Department of Natural Resources and Chair of the Forestry Transition Committee before his current role.
He has also served as Deputy Minister of the Department of Health Promotion and Protection, Chair of the Premier's Council on Canadian Health Awareness, Director of Community Relations for the Premier's Office and Senior Policy Advisor at the Treasury and Policy Board.
Deputy Minister, Department of Labour and Advanced Education
The deputy minister provides strategic and operational direction to guide the department.
- leading the department and advancing its mandate
- making sure the department is aligned with government priorities
- providing leadership to the department’s senior team
- meeting annual budget targets
- providing advice to the minister and Government of Nova Scotia
- developing strong relationships with stakeholders
- Deputy Minister, Department of Natural Resources
- Chair, Forestry Transition Committee
- Deputy Minister, Department of Health Promotion and Protection
- Chair, Premier's Council on Canadian Health Awareness
- Director of Community Relations, Premier's Office