Catherine Berliner was appointed Deputy Minister of the Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing in June 2020.
Catherine Berliner worked for the Government of Canada for 15 years before joining the Government of Nova Scotia in 2003. She has a Master of Business Administration.
Deputy Minister, Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing
The deputy minister leads the department in helping municipalities build strong communities and improve fire safety and emergency preparedness. The deputy minister is also responsible for making sure that more Nova Scotians have access to safe, suitable and affordable housing.
- providing advice and recommendations to the minister on departmental matters
- overseeing all aspects of departmental operations
- representing the department and the Government of Nova Scotia at municipal, provincial and national levels
- Associate Deputy Minister, Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Strategic Advisor to the Deputy Minister, Department of Justice
- Special Advisor, Executive Council Office
- Regional Administrator, Department of Community Services