Insurance monthly report for insured fire losses
Insurance companies need to submit an Insurance Final Form each month to report fire losses at insured properties.
Use the Insurance Final Form if you’re an insurance company that has insured properties with fire losses.
Insurance final forms help the Office of the Fire Marshal track information about fires that happen in Nova Scotia. This information supports the office’s training and education programs, as well as its reporting processes. The office also provides this information to the Canadian Fire Statistics Database.
Who can use this form
Insurance companies need to use this form.
The report is due monthly. You need to submit the report within 7 days of the end of the month.
What you need to do
- Complete the form online.
- Check the form for details on all required supporting documents.
- Within 7 days of the end of the month, submit your completed form and supporting documents.
How long it takes
It should take 3 to 5 days for the Office of the Fire Marshal to update their records. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your form hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to submit the form.
Before you start
Make sure you have:
- date and time of fire (time is in 24-hour format)
- address of fire
- owner information
- occupant information
- information on mobile property (like boats and vehicles), if appropriate
- details on the origin of the fire
- information on the smoke alarms
- details on fire loss
- casualty information
- responding fire department
When you submit the form online you need to complete all fields with an asterisk (*).